Sunday, October 29, 2006



I know it's been a long time but I have been extremely busy. Juggling two baseball teams is extremely time consuming and exhausting. The good news is that Greg's season is finally over. I felt so bad for that team because they were so bad. Not all their fault though. We had a coach who was constantly cancelling practices. The first half of the season, they got rained out. Then I think the coach just "gave up". So, Greg will continue to condition threee days a week and practice one. This will go on until Spring ball.

Elizabeth had homecoming last week. She went with a few of her friends. They all look gorgeous. One of her frients wore a dress by Reba McIntyre. I didn't even know she had a line of clothes but wow it was georgeous. It was oranges and browns. Not something you would expect someone to wear to a homecoming but it was so pretty. Her attitude is that she can wear it again and just "dress it up" or "dress it down" with different jewelry and clothing. Another mom and I took the girls to Bennigan's for dinner and they actually had several people stop by and compliment how nice they looked. Here's a picture of Liz. She has worn black and brown so she wanted blue this year. Times have sure changed since I went to Homecoming. My mom would not have let me wear a dress like that. Our Homecoming's were never that "formal".

Emily got her black belt! Yep. I have a 12 year old black belt. The ceremony was so cool. They called her up to break a brick. The sheer look of panic on her face was priceless. She has broken boards but never concrete. So, after getting a quick "pep talk" by her instructor, she did it. It was so cool.


Pardon the way the pictures are posted. I upload a picture and it puts them at the top of the blog. I don't know what I am doing wrong. At least you get the idea of the pictures anyway. This is why I guess I got so lazy with the blog is because "just don't get it". I don't even bother trying to post through AOL. So, I got through Internet Explorer and it seems to work.

Hard to believe October is almost over. Less than a month until Thanksgiving and then it's Christmas! WOW. I do love going to the stores and see the Christmas decorations. I also miss the snow and cold this time of year. So, at least going into the stores, it somewhat feels like the holidays.

Today I am off to have a "mom's day out". Steve has been working ridiculously long hours. I get so mad at him because he has always put his job first. I keep reminding him that Elizabeth will be going off to college in less than two years. He never used to be like this. He never would miss games, conferences, chorus concerts, etc. Now he doesn't even try. I feel like a single mom. I have the utmost respect for them. It's hard doing it yourself. I am lucky that the older kids are old enough to help out. I don't know what I would do without them. So, today my friend, Kate, and I are going to the most awesome Scrapbook Store. It's about an hour away but I deserve a day off. I have a list for Steve and all the places the kids have to be. He can handle it, at least I hope he can. But, I don't care if he can't. I need a day off! I am even leaving him in charge of dinner.

Well, it's almost 9:30. Guess I should get my day started. It's going to be a fun one!

No comments: