Friday, December 15, 2006

I have never done one of these "questionnaire's" off someone's blog but I thought what the heck. I got this off off Laura's blog. So I thought it would be fun to do one just because.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapped. It's all part of the tradition and fun.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I like to keep my tree from the weekend after Thanksgiving until the first of the year. I would kill a live tree. Plus, it's not worth the hassle of trying to find a "recycling" place.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? I usually start taking the tree down after the kids go back to school in the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My baby doll that I named Jennifer and she also came with a fancy cradle.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

8. Hardest person to buy for? Mother-in-Law. She has everything.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An ugly purse.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, The Christmas List, Three Days, Christmas in my Hometown, One Special Night (I am a Christmas movie junkie).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. But not because I didn't like it. I already had it and didn't have a receipt.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade Fudge, Buckeye Balls

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? The tree came with clear but we strung in some extra with color.

17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? All Is Want for Christmas Is You, Anything by Johnny Mathis

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. I want my kids to wake up in their own house on Christmas morning and not in a hotel room (there's too many of us to impose so we would stay in a hotel)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yup. I have 4 kids!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids get to open their new pajama's and gifts to each other on Christmas Eve. Then we have to wait for Santa!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The lines at the stores. More shoppers and less cashiers.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Anything the kids have made for me through the years, love any of the handcrafted ornaments and I love Snowmen.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Spiral Glazed Ham, potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and corn (Mark's reaquest).


Been a crazy few weeks here at our house. My in-laws came for a quick visit and Liz and Greg had exams. Today was their last day of school until January 3 (yikes. That means they are home with me). We leave for Disney on Sunday morning and I can't wait. Just like last year, two of the kids are sick. So, I am just waiting for the other two to come down with it. I got several of my packages mailed today and only have one left which hopefully will go out tomorrow. Man o man. Every year I say I will be done and on the ball and every year I push it to the limit. For the first time EVER, I don't have my house decorated. Hopefully, I can get my lazy kids off their butts and help me. They just don't care. Maybe now that the stress of exam week is over, they will get into the holiday spirite.

Well, better feed my gang. Have a great weekend.

No comments: