Friday, December 29, 2006


I wanted to share a picture of the clock I made for my MIL for Christmas. She is so hard to buy for. So, I made her an altered clock. The picture is of Steve and his 3 sisters. The picture is kind of old-taken back in 1997 before we moved from Ohio to Utah. It's simple but she loved it.

After re-reading my last entry, I realized that I sounded like such a "whiner". The week definately got better. I finally got some much needed sleep. I didn't get to sleep in at all before Christmas. I still have few more days to catch up before the kids go back to school. They start back on Wednesday. I am dreading all that running around. :( They really kicked it in and helped me around the house. We are slowly finding a place for all their new stuff and they have even gone through their closets and cleaned it out. Steve is on his way back from working in Cocoa Beach and might even be home for dinner. It all depends on the dreaded traffic.

I finally went to the eye doctors and I am getting glasses! I am really pleased with the frames I got. They are so different from the big ones I used to wear in college. It will be nice to be able to see clearly. I have never had my eyes dialated before and it was a really strange feeling. Since they aren't that bad, I only opted for the glasses and not contacts.

Weather is warming up again. I have all the windows open and there is a nice breeze. The kids are out playing probably driving the neighbors crazy. One of the reasons we picked this house was because it was on a cul de sac. Figures we gee the only "anti kid street".

For dinner, we are grilling out a pork tenderloin. I have had it marinating since this morning. I got a new crockpot for Christmas so I am hoping to use it this weekend. Steve wants me to do Sauerkraut but I am not sure I want the house to smell right now. I love it but I just can't hand the "after smell". I also got Paula Deen's new cookbook so I am going to go through that for some good recipes. I love to cook just never home to do it.

Well, better switch the laundry around. It just never ends. I don't mind washing it or folding it but I hate putting it away.

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

The clock is cute! I've been wanting to make one.
Seeing is a good thing. You'll have to post pictures when you get your new frames in.
I'm starving right now and pork tenderloin sounds great!!!
Have a great weekend Kim!