Friday, December 30, 2005

Is it time for the kids to go back to school yet? I will be totally honest and say I can't wait! They are driving me nuts. With the constant bickering I am at my wits end. Emily (my 11 year old) is the instigator. She just can't seem to get along with anyone. Ack. I had a headache by 9 am this morning!

Well, yesterday my friend, Lisa, moved away. It was so very depressing. I just hate good byes. I figure by now she should be almost out of Georgia and headed into Tennessee. They don't expect to get to S. Bend until New Years Day. I guess it will really hit me that she is gone when all the kids go back to school and my phone doesn't ring. No more trips to Wal Mart, Target, the LSS's and lunches. Once a month we would go get pedicures too. Her family was such a part of our lives. But this won't be goodbye forever. I know that we will always be friends! I spent yesterday cleaning out my "junkie" cabinet in the kitchen--you know the one where everything gets piled. So I went to Wal Mart and bought some organizers and put it all in drawers. The space I now have is amazing. I can't seem to find my label maker to make some labels so the kids know where everything goes! Lisa, you would be so proud. She was very organized, unlike me!

Now, my big job is to take the Christmas tree down soon. I love having a tree all lit up so I really dread having to take it down. We bought a new tree this year and I love it!

One of the best things I like about this time of year is that it's when I do a big "clean out" of old toys and clothes. I am waiting on the Salvation Army truck to arrive and haul out some stuff. That is such a great feeling. Hopefully, I can keep this momentum going!

Well, I have a busy day ahead of me so I better get to it! Until next time..............................

No comments: