Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wow. I have been really bad about my blog. Today is my "off" day. I have no where to go or be so I am going to hang out at home and catch up on stuff I have put off. My Christmas was wonderful. It is my favorite time of the year. Not just because there are presents involved but I love the smell, the lights and the music. I also love celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Funny story, we went to church on Christmas Eve and we reminded Mark that we are going to celebrate Jesus's birthday. This was priceless--he says "Is there going to be birthday cake at Church?" I love looking at things through a five year old! Santa treated me very well this year. Steve surprised me and gave me a pair of diamond earrings. He also gave me the new Rachel Ray cookbook. I love to cook but unfortunately, my kids won't eat "real" food. So, I said that I am going back to cooking real food and they will have to eat it or go hungry (ok, now I sound like my mother). But one can only eat so much Top Ramen, Mac n Cheese, hot dogs and chicken nuggets. It was Jennifer S. that has inspired me to dust off the good cookware and start making real food. She posts the most wonderful recipes. My 2006 goal is to keep on losing the pounds so I can get off my HBP meds and Cholesterol medication. I promised myself that the money I save on the prescriptions, is more money to spend on scrapbook items. hehe. I joined Curves back in October and lost 8 pounds so far, although I am sure I put it back on over the holidays

We survived our trip to WDW. Of course, it wasn't without incident. We were supposed to leave on Saturday morning and be there when the Magic Kingdom opened (9 am). Friday afternoon the school called for me to come and get Mark. He wasn't feeling well. So I went and got him and he hung out with us. Friday night at 11 pm Greg was up with the "stomach thing" and by 3 am Elizabeth was in our room telling us that she got sick. The trip was already paid for and non refundable so we weren't sure what to do. So, we ended up going later and then they slept in the hotel room. By later in the afternoon, they wanted to go over to the park. They saved us a lot of money since we didn't have to feed them and they just ate the Saltines I took with me. By Sunday they were all feeling better so we were able to go to Downtown Disney and back to the Magic Kingdom that night for the Mickey's Christmas part. WDW was abosolutely beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I'd post a picture but I haven't been able to figure out how. I tried and lost my post so I had to retype it. Another 2006 goal.

Well, my friend Lisa leaves this week to move back to South Bend Indiana. So, Thursday will be a bummer of a day when they pull out. She left us a lot of stuff so she will always have a "presence" in my house. She gave us all her house plants. So everytime I water them, I will be able to think of her and all the fun we have had over the years. We cleaned out our garage yesterday and I found my hot pink ice scraper from when we lived in Utah. I loved that scraper because it was hot pink! So, I passed it on to her. She will need it up in that cold! So, if you could, please say a prayer for her and her family that they have a safe move--it's a long drive.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends. I hope everyone has a wonderul end to 2005! Until next time.................

No comments: