Thursday, February 16, 2006

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted. I have tried unsuccessfully several times. For some reason, the return key wouldn't work. I finally asked another blogger if she had a clue, she suggested I tried posted under something other than AOL. Guess what. It worked. I don't know what is going on with AOL but I am getting totally frustrated with it.

Anyways, a lot has been going on. Earlier this week, it got really cold here in Florida and I wasn't prepared. No one has any heavy coats anymore. It only lasted two mornings and it is already warming up. They all are going off to school in shorts today. No wonder we have all been sick.

I took Mark back to the audiologist to have his left ear tested since she couldn't get a read on it last time. It turns out that he is missing that seal in his ear as well. So, now he has to have an EEG/brain scan just to confirm her diagnosis and make sure there isn't anything else physically there wrong that a neurolgist can "fix'. So, we are going to do the procedure this summer. He has to go to the hospital and have it done and they will sedate him so I don't want him to miss anymore school. I met with his teacher and the school counselor and he now has a 504 Plan. Basically, what it does is allow him extra time on testing and in some cases he will be allowed to be tested in a quiet room away from distractions. Mark is missing the seals in his ears that naturally protects him from loud noises. We all have them. He gets very "over whelmed" when everyone is talking and the atmosphere is loud. He basically "zones out". He will cover his ears. He may never play in a band and he struggles to sit through movies at the theatre. He hates public restrooms because they are so loud. As he gets older he will learn how to adapt to it but since his is only 5 he cries. The ideal classroom for him would be a very small class but that isn't possible. He has 21 kids in his classs which is still better than other schools. His teacher has been such an advocate for him and I like her so much. She said, now that we all know what's going on with him, he has just "taken off" in school. They have their little system down and he is doing so much better.

The boys officially kicked off their baseball season so now I pretty much live at the ball fields. It's fun though and I enjoy watching them play. So, we didn't get to celebrate Valentines Day so Steve and I are hoping to catch dinner on Saturday night. I think we are going to Macaroni Grill.

Not much else going on today. I really need to just stay home and clean. I am so behind on my laundry so I am hoping to get that done too. I bought some flowers to plant but I held off when I heard the cold was coming so I may plant them today in the pots on the porch. It's supposed to be a beautful day (79) so I may open the windows and air out the house. We certainly need it after we have all been sick.

Well, it's time to get the final two kids out the door and off to school. I will have until 2 pm to get a bunch of stuff done until it's time to go get Mark from school. Once they start rolling in the door it's total chaos. Tonight we have karate and a baseball game. Plus my Dancing With the Stars and Survivor are on. I may have Steve go to this game solo (it's not like there are other games). I am in TV heaven with all these Reality Shows that are on. My favorite one starts soon--The Amazing Race!! WooHoo. So, I am glued to Survivor, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars and soon The Amazing Race. Steve thinks I am absolutely crazy and won't watch them with. Occassionally I can get him to sit and watch The Amazing Race. Until next time................

No comments: