Saturday, August 16, 2008

SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?

Tomorrow is moving day! We hit the road at 7 a.m. to make the 1.5 hour drive to Gainesville and move Elizabeth into her dorm. We've been so busy getting everything together that we haven't had the tv on. I saw last night that there was a tropical storm brewing! Where did that come from???? So, I just logged onto our local news website and this is the headline.

Crist declares state of emergecny as Tropical Storm Fay moves towards Cuba WFTS-TV First in HD

Should I be worried that if this hurricane does indeed come in the "projected" path that one of my kids will be weathering the storm out away from home? I have a feeling she's not worried. She will be in a dorm room with a bunch of other college students probably having a blast. Who would want to be stuck at home with their family fighting over what to watch on TV? :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Let her go Kim! This could possibly be her first test as an adult. She'll be further inland than we are. Shoot, you may want to stay there in the dorm with her and show her how to REALLY partay!!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Good luck to you both and I hope that storm changes its path. Still trying to think of a name for your blog too??