Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay Update
Bummer. Today was the first day of school. Kids were up and out the door ready to go. I certainly am enjoying the quiet. However, the quiet will be short lived. I just saw on TV that they are closing the schools tomorrow. So, I spent my morning getting pictures developed and ran to Michael's for some scrapbook goodies so I can spend "my day off" working on some layouts.
I am not concerned about this soon to be hurricane though. I have candles, batteries, water, snacks and all the necessary items. If the power does indeed go out, we will survive. This system is so reminiscent of Hurricane Charlie four years ago. We were so lucky that year that we didn't even have any wind or rain.
I will post some pictures of "moving day" soon. Right now I am just enjoying the quiet. I know the kids will be home soon and it won't be quiet anymore.

2 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I've been thinking about you, can't wait to see pics from moving day. How'd it go? Enjoy your quiet! Zach has another week home yet.

Sandi Keene said...

Hi Kim-
Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are doing fine - just soggy. I need to get in my studio and play as long as this storm refuses to leave and we are stuck inside.
I have several projects waiting - don't we all?
Take care