Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wow. What a week it has been. After having a horrible week the week before, it was such a nice change to have a lot of good happen. First, Mark passed his Hillsborough writes. What does that mean? He can advance onto 3rd grade. He is an excellent student but struggles when it comes to "putting it down onto paper". He was diagnosed with Auditory Processing Disorder last summer. Basically, he processes information at a slower rate. He is as smart as the next kid but moves a little slower to absorb the information and write it down. We got word that he passed. Yeah. Then, Elizabeth getting into her first choice college was the icing on the cake. What a whirlwind of a week. A lot of stress has just been released. Now we can enjoy the rest of the school year.......................

Today is a clean, clean, clean day. The weather is absolutely beautiful. It's a little cool right now but is supposed to get into the mid 70's. I have all the windows open airing out the house. I have a few Yankee Candles burning so hopefully the house will smell yummy.

I finally ordered my Canon Rebel. They were out of the one I wanted at Circuit City so they had to order. They even gave me the online sale price. Life is good right now. I can't wait to get my hands on it. My camera is several years old and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the new smaller ones have now. It has served it's purpose and I probably will keep it. But it has never taken good "action" shots. All of Greg's baseball pictures aren't very good. So, I am looking forward to getting some great action shots and having a telephoto lens.

Well, I better get a move on. I confiscated the TV remote and told the kids that I didn't want to listen to the TV on all day. So, I have my satellite radio on listening to some Country tunes (much to the eye rolls of the kids).

Have a great Saturday.........................

1 comment:

Laura said...

t sounds like good days for you. that is awesome about your daughter's acceptance as a Florida Gator. That is absolutely awesome. congrats to your son on his testing success. you will love, love, love your new rebel. even your spring cleaning sounds wonderful. i am sorely tempted to do that when i get back home but i seriously would have to send everyone away.