Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3.11.08

Has it been almost a weeks since my last entry? Not much to blog about here. Right now we are just stuck in a routine whic is EXTREMELY busy and boring. Same old stuff--school, sports, run, run, run.

I'm just counting down the days until Spring Break. Last year the school district changed around the school schedule which is awful. Usually we start early August and get out in May. Now we started later and get out in June. They took some of our CHRISTMAS (yes I will say that) break and now the kids don't get their Spring Break until April. That's way too long. They are scheduled to go on Good Friday and the kids are begging me to let them take that day off since it will be considered a "Religious" holiday. So, I am considering it ON the condition that we all get up and go to Church. Then they can have the rest of the day off. It's a long story about our school schedule. They should have just left it alone.

Sunday we are going down to Sarasota to a Cincinnati Reds spring training game. I'm actually very excited to go. Even "Princess" Liz is going. I definately will take a picture of that. She doesn't like to do a lot of the "family" things anymore. So, we are all heading down to watch the game. Best part is that we will be able to get some "hometown" food there. I cannot wait to get my Skyline Chili. We went last year and had a blast. I just hope the Reds stay at that facility and not move to Arizona which is a possibility. Then on Easter Sunday, the boys are going back to watch another game.

We sent in our first check to the University of Florida (ouch). Her housing application is all done and been accepted. They had to list three choices for their dorms. It will be interesting to see which one they get. The kids are just anxious to be able to use their own bathroom in the morning. Liz is a bathroom hog! We get on her and on her about how other people need the bathroom but it goes in one ear and out the other. Next year she will have to share ONE bathroom with three other gals. Can't wait for that. I can't imagine what our life would be like if we still lived in our house in Ohio. It was our first house and had only ONE bathroom. Our second house had 1 full and 3 half baths. Then we went down to a three bathroom house and now we just have two. We should stop moving around before we end up with one bathroom again.

Well, today is a stay at home and do laundry day. That job just never seems to end. I really need a new washer since the one I have is really starting to go. It stops mid-cycle. It's a Maytag Neptune and I dont' like it. I've had it repaired several times. After the warranty expired, I decided not to purchase another one and just replace the machine. I'm going back to the old fashioned top loading machine without a computer. I don't care for the front loader either. I just want to load and go and this machine is definately not that. The dryer is okay so I will keep that for now.

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I was tagged by Benita so I will post that later when I get everyone out the door and off to school.



3 comments:

Benita said...

I was just going to tell you that I tagged you on my blog :)

That stinks about Spring Break.....they always do it right around Easter here.

Our washer is on it's last leg, too :( Good to know that those front load machines aren't that good.....I always wondered about them.

Have a great day :)

Liane said...

Our spring break in Oregon is right in the middle of the semester! It is the same for every public school district in the state. So, it starts the 24th... kinda like Easter break this year, but not....

I love my front load washer, course it isn't a maytag! LOL It is almost 2 years old and I have never had any problems with it... knock on sofa.

Have a good day, good to see you back blogging! Hugs

Jeff said...

I started a blog just for the Maytag Neptune see http://neptunewasher.blogspot.com.

Which model Neptune do you have? Over the last two years I have been providing Neptune owners solutions to their problems. The door latch wax motor (12002535) is the biggest defect in those MAH3000, MAH4000, MAH5500A, 2000 Stacker front loaders. If you have a model listed above you need to buy the new wax motor with the black actuator pin. It is easy to change out. I provide all Neptune parts and technical support. I even offer a monthy Neptune newsletter on my www.neptunewaxmotor.com site for all you Neptuners!